Like I mentioned before, we stayed at the All Star Sports Resort in Disney. The room was adorable (I know that is not the word the boys would use, but it was). The staff used towels to create cute creatures on your bed, and in your window. I have a couple of pictures to post when we get back home.
The resort had four sections, football, baseball, basketball, and surfing. We were in the football section, which had several giant footballs, three stories tall. It also had a football field, with defense and offense markers down the field. Oh, and there were two huge football helmets, one for Florida State and one for the University of Florida. (The boys thought one was for Auburn, since they have similar colors as Florida.) There was a pool in the baseball area that was in the shape of a baseball diamond, and had Goofy on the mound, shooting water out of a cannon. We did not make it over to the basketball area, as we were so busy, and only spent a few awake hours at the resort.
We went to Blizzard Beach water park after checking in to the room. We rode a ski lift to the top of the hills with the speed slides. Even though the boys were tall enough to ride the 120' drop slide, I would not let them. They wanted to!!! Oh well, they can do it when they get bigger!!! We rode an awesome family raft, and got soaked right away. We all rode the speed slide with hills on it. It was really fun!! We rode several mat rides, including one where we raced each other down the mountain. I almost beat Skoot, but the boys were at a disadvantage, because we are bigger!!! The boys really enjoyed the lazy river, where Skoot and I rode a double raft, while they swam around us, and tried to get us wet in any falls that were around. They also really liked the wave pool (but not as much as the one at Typhoon Lagoon). We stayed until closing, then headed back to the resort.
We bought a dining plan before arriving, which included two meals, and two snacks per person, per day. The boys had to order off of the kids menu, but that was okay, since the adult menu provided way too much, and we could share with the boys. Jakob kept saying he could not wait until he was 10 (that is what 7 days from now) so he could order from the adult menu. He is so funny!!!
Everyone throughout the parks was so pleasant, and helpful. I thought it was wonderful.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment